Important Notice ❗❗ – This course is now free for only four (4) weeks. The complete course now comes with a subscription fee.
Begin this Course now on FutureLearn – Introduction to Nursing: The Role of Nurses Around the World
DETAILS OF THE COURSE
Understand the role of nurses: from personal care, to supporting families and communities, to public health and infection control.
100% Online – Learn at your own pace.
Explore the role nurses play around the world
Are you interested in a career in nursing? Prepare with this course where you will explore how nursing contributes to the health and well-being of individuals and communities around the world.
You will learn about the different roles nurses play, including the role of nurses in public health. You will discover the principles of nursing and understand how nurses can help people and communities care for themselves.
This course has been created by the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care, as part of the PADILEIA project. It is supported by SPHEIR UK aid.
What topics will you cover?
• The roles and unique contributions of nurses globally
• Principles and applications of Holistic care within a local context
• How nursing can support people and communities to care for themselves
• The role of nurses in public health, and the role of World Health Organization
• The triple impact of nursing. How nursing can improve health; promote gender equality; and contribute towards stronger economies
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
– Explore the role of nurses globally, and explain the unique contribution of nurses
– Explain the principles of holistic care and apply holistic care within the local context of health and well-being
– Investigate the impact of the nurse’s role in patients’ lives and local communities
– Reflect on the role of the World Health Organization in public health
– Identify what contributes to health and well-being
– Discuss the role of nurses in improving health; gender equality; stronger economies
Who is the course for? – Introduction to Nursing: The Role of Nurses Around the World
The course will be of interest to anyone looking to develop their knowledge of nursing and healthcare.
Supported by UK aid – Strategic Partnerships for Higher Education, Innovation and Reform
Who will you learn with?
Julie Bliss – a senior lecturer at King’s College London with an interest in partnership working with service users.
Who developed the course?
King’s College London
King’s College London, established in 1829 and a founding college of the University of London, is one of the world’s leading research and teaching universities, based in the very heart of London.
Supported by UKaid
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
• Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps, but you can complete them quickly or slowly as you like
• Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
• Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
• Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
• Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
• Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
• As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
• Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
• Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Visit Using FutureLearn
LEARNER REVIEWS on the Introduction to Nursing: The Role of nursing around the world (Free Course)
Rated – 4.9
Andrew A. – Yes the level was right for me and I did enjoy learning more about world nursing
Okoro O. – It’s a very fantastic course… am super excited to be part of it
Gauri S. – It was a very interesting and informative course. Thank you so much
Doreen B. – The content was very good, it introduced us to the roles of nurses; from personal care to supporting families; to public health and infection control where we looked at Florence nightingale. It also explored the principles of nursing and how nurses can help people and communities to care for themselves
Sarah K. – I really love it in general
FutureLearn’s purpose is to transform access to education.