Deadline Now – April 19th, 2021. APPLY NOW!!
The World Literacy Foundation is looking for passionate and determined individuals to:
Be a voice in their community to advocate for literacy
Ambassadors will speak at their school, university, media or community group to raise awareness.
Support the education of vulnerable children around the world
Ambassador will raise funds to support one of the literacy programs of the World Literacy Foundation.
Develop their leadership and advocacy skills
Ambassador will receive online training to learn how to get others involved in their cause and make a greater impact to help eradicate in the world.
Please read our Terms and Conditions before you apply
Think Global, Act Local!
Why become a WLF Ambassador?
- Take on a volunteer role within a global organization to advocate for literacy
- Gain leadership, communication, fundraising, and PR skills
- Make a positive impact on the education of disadvantaged children
- Join a network of individuals that are motivated to eradicate illiteracy
- Have your voice heard through WLF website, social media and mainstream media
Program at a glance…
- Location: Worldwide
- Start date: May 31, 2021
- End Date: November 5, 2021
- Training method: Online
- Certificate of completion upon closure of the program for participants that fundraise for the World Literacy Foundation
Who can apply?
We are looking for young people that meet the following criteria:
- Be 16-year-old or older
- Have a deep passion for literacy, human rights and social causes
- Be a native English speaker or having an advanced level in English
- Have access to a computer and internet connection
- Have the availability to contribute 30 hours of service across the 5 months to complete the program
- Leadership and public speaking skills preferred but not essential
› March 22 – April 2: Expressions of Interest (EOI) submission
› April 5 – 23: EOI evaluation
› May 10 – 23: Profiles assessment
› May 24: Letter of acceptance
› May 31: Level 1: Introduction to WLF and the Ambassador Program
› June 14: Level 2: Education and Literacy in the world
› June 28: Level 3: Leadership Skills
› July 12: Level 4: Advocacy
› July 26: Level 5: Fundraising Strategies
› August 9 – October 11: Fundraising and advocacy activities
› September 8: International Literacy Day Celebration
› October 18: Final report submission
› November 5: Program closure
How to apply?
You need to make a 30-second video introducing yourself and telling us why you want to become a WLF Ambassador. The link to submit your video will be available from March 22 to April 19, 2021. You will receive the outcome of your application by April 26, 2021.
FOR MORE GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES… JOIN THE PINKY’S BLOG SOCIAL MEDIA GROUPS 👇👇