Job Opening – Writer
Job Type: Contractor, Part-time
Job Location: Remote
Career Valet was founded in 2011, and provides fully customized writing services for job seekers (resumes, cover letters, bios, LinkedIn profiles) as well as coaching. We develop long-term relationships with clients, providing high quality customer service and a personalized approach to address each client’s needs. We aim to maintain our track record of over 88% of clients landing interviews within weeks of working with us. Our clients are diverse. The majority are mid- to executive-level career professionals and their experience spans all industries.
Career Valet is seeking a professional resume writer. The time commitment will vary, but typically will require between 10-15+ hours per week. This is a remote position that requires a basic home office set-up and reliable Internet. Before you begin, you will be trained in our processes. You will be fully responsible for the clients assigned to you. You are expected to track progress using our internal project management tool and follow up with clients to take them through our process from start to finish. Basic tasks:
- Consult with clients in a timely and consistent way by email according to our process and to answer questions.
- Draft custom questions, resumes, cover letters, bios, and LinkedIn profiles for assigned clients. Initial and ongoing training on our writing style, approach, and processes will be provided. Our senior writer will review your work and provide comments and suggestions to help you improve products.
- Provide revisions and answer client questions after you submit drafts.
- Superior business writing and editing skills
- Ability to frame and tell a story in writing
- Experience conducting research and extracting relevant information
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly responsive to colleagues and clients
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Comfortable communicating with executive-level professionals
- Works well independently and delivers materials on time
- Experience in career coaching, HR, journalism, and/or writing/editing (preferred but not required). Knowledge of diverse industries is very helpful.
Compensation to start: $25/hour. Note: each client package takes on average 5-10 hours to complete.
Start Date: ASAP. Please note that weekly hours cannot be guaranteed. However, our business has grown substantially each year. Our writers currently work between 10-15+ hours a week (this can change depending on the number of clients with whom you are working at one time and at what stage in the process they are).
1) Submit a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 writing samples to Marcelle Yeager (contact information is below). Explain your writing and/or career development experience and weekly availability.
2) We will contact qualified candidates for interviews.
3) You will be asked to draft a basic resume as part of the application process. This should not take more than one hour.
4) If you move forward in the process, we will request 2-3 professional references.
Ms. Marcelle Yeager
President, Career Valet
Career Valet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
6 replies on “Remote Work at Career Valet – Writer Needed”
You are so interesting! I do not suppose I have read through something like this before. So good to discover another person with some unique thoughts on this issue. Really.. thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that’s needed on the web, someone with a little originality!
I really appreciate your feedback. Thanks for finding our website useful. Have a lovely day!!
Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this article plus the rest of the site is really good.
I’ve been browsing on-line more than 3 hours nowadays, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is lovely price sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did, the net might be a lot more useful than ever before. “A winner never whines.” by Paul Brown.
An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little evaluation on this. And he in truth purchased me breakfast as a result of I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If attainable, as you turn out to be experience, would you mind updating your blog with extra particulars? It is extremely helpful for me. Large thumb up for this blog publish!
I just gone through your blog and I’m so amazed by your adventure! I like the way you weave journey, anecdotes, and personal experiences together to make a captivating narrative. Keep up the great work